NuMed is a growing Illinois cannabis operator with 3 licensed operating dispensaries, and several more to open in the next few months. We are committed to creating a highly professional and welcoming environment where both medical cannabis patients and, in the future, recreational purchasers, can find the high-quality products and information that they need.
We are looking for applicants, 21 or older, who are passionate about cannabis and are excited to join this growing industry. This position involves daily customer interaction as well as knowledge of inventory and product brands. We are seeking applicants primarily experienced in retail, with very strong customer service skills.
Familiarity with the MCPP (medical cannabis pilot program) is a plus, as our budtenders are responsible for assisting and educating patients. Previous food service or retail experience preferred. Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED, and must be willing to submit to a background check.
Job duties include (but are not limited to):
– having strong customer service skills and written/communication skills
– accurate use and maintenance of a Point Of Sale (POS) system for all in-store purchases and online pre-order pick ups
– handling cash and counting properly
– staying abreast of new products, strains, changes in laws, and industry trends
-maintaining a clean, organized, well stocked environment for our customers
-being proficient with data entry and computersworking well with others
– arriving at work dressed appropriately and with a positive attitude
– having a decent knowledge of cannabis and cannabis therapies
– full time availability, including weekends and holidays
Positions available in:
– Chicago, IL
– Urbana, IL
– East Peoria, IL